Do you want to be productive, mentally sharp, emotionally balanced, and full of energy all day long? The way you feel during your waking hour hinges on how well you sleep at night. The cure to sleep difficulties and daytime fatigue can often be found in your daily routine. The following sleep tips will help you optimize your nightly rest, minimize insomnia, and lay the foundation for all-day energy and peak performance.
- Sleep Tip #1 Keep your room dark during sleep hours. Heavy shades can help block light from windows, or you can try an eye mask to cover your eyes.
- Sleep Tip #2 Make sure your bed is the right size. You should have enough room to stretch and turn comfortably.
- Sleep Tip #3 Make sure your bedroom is well ventilated and a comfortable temperature. Most people sleep best in a slightly cooler room.
- Sleep Tip #4 Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable and supportive. It is important that they are free of allergens that might affect you while sleeping.
- Sleep Tip #5 Get regular exercise in the morning or early afternoon. As little as 20 to 30 minutes of activity can help make it easier to fall asleep and sleep better.
- Sleep Tip #6 Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, and it will be easier to fall asleep.
- Sleep Tip #7 Develop a relaxing bedtime routine to wind down and make it easier to fall asleep.
- Sleep Tip #8 Finish eating at least two to three hours before your regular bedtime.